Monday, March 6, 2017

Happy 30

Sydney, 4 March 2017

Ok that date line is misleading. I'm writing it now on 6 March 2017. But, I have been planning to write this since 4 March 2017. What's special on that date???

yes, u might answer it right. it was Sydney Mardi Gras Gay and Lesbian Parade. I don't know much about the history of the celebration (well, u can google it), but let's pretend the festival was held by Sydneysiders (and visitors from all over the world) to celebrate the birthday of Mr. Mard(h)i.



And it was not an ordinary birthday for Mr. Mard(h)i. He turned 30 years old on that date. 30 is a psychological milestone from youth (20s) to mature (40s). While he has learned a lot in his 20s, this decade shall make him a more settled person.

Well, that person is actually me (yippie...), thus I have promised to myself, since that day, I will...

  1. be happy. I will make myself happy with my own choices and I will not let anyone control my life. I want to live as who I really am. I don't want to live someone else's life.
  2. not care with people's prejudices and judgments. I don't care if people see me as a bad boy or a sinner, as I don't care with their businesses.
  3. be less and less emotional and have more and more sense of joke. I must be able to control my anger and respond to the problem lightly.
  4. prove that I am a good person no matter what I am. I will work hard for my contribution to the world and show the world what really matter is my personality, not my attributes.
  5. forgive myself and forgive others. I shouldn't have a hard feeling but just let it go.
  6. keep writing all my ideas and share my days every day in this blog, lol.
It is just like the spirit of the Mardi Gras. People are sharing the joy and supporting each other no matter who you are or what you are. People out there are still judging others based on their race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, nationality, appearance, etc, etc. But the fact, all those attributes you have in you do not make yourself a bad or good person; your attitude towards others does. Religious people, democratic people or anyone may claim their sets of ethics are the best in ruling the society, but in the reality, they could be even uncivilised by judging, hating, and attacking towards different groups of people. 

***
Also, on that day, my mom sent me a text message on whatsapp. She said "As you grow older, I am wishing you a maturity in living your life". My mom's words intrigued me whether I was actually a naive person. Lastly, this post shall be a reminder for me in the future of what I want to be.