Monday, July 17, 2017

Arrivederci Pizza

Sydney, 14 July 2017

Yesterday, Giorgio invited us to come to his farewell dinner. This week is gonna be his last week in Australia since he has finished his study this semester. We went to Caffe Roma restaurant near Kings Cross station. The pizza restaurants chosen by Giorgio and his Italian friends are always good and reliable.



At the afternoon on that day, he gave me his fridge and some other stuffs such as shoe shelves, book shelves, and a wine glass. I'd love to receive goods from him but I don't have space to store them especially during summer break when I have to empty my dorm room. What I am worried about the most is to take his fridge. I was in between whether or not to receive it. Firstly, I don't really need it but it is nice to have one. Secondly, I just want to help him to clear all his stuffs before he is leaving for good. He also promised to come back to Sydney next year and he would take his fridge back.

As I remember, International House does not allow the residents to add their own furniture and electricity appliances in the room. So I am a bit worried for keeping Gio's fridge in my room. But we'll see what happens, since the fridge has been in the dorm for at least one year and there was no problem. Last semester it was in Gio's room and previously, it was owned by Roberta.

The fridge itself seemed to be less cared. The seal was dangling and the bottle shelf was off. The freezer door was locked, fully covered by thick frost. However the machine worked really good and it was still super cold. So I fixed it little by little. I inserted the door seal back into its housing and I glued the bottle shelf back into its place. I defrosted the two-inch thick frost on the freezer. I cleaned up the dirt inside and out. Now it is clean as a brand new one.

Nonetheless, I am missing my European friends one by one. I knew them because of Joseph (my Indonesian friend), he easily makes friend with westerners. His friends is also my friends. I see that Europeans are friendlier than other westerners. I had good memories with them for last one year. I am gonna miss them all.