Friday, July 14, 2017

Credit Reduction

Sydney, 12 July 2017

On Monday, my friend asked me for a help to take pictures of him in Sydney Harbour. He graduated this year and he wanted to make a mandatory picture wearing his graduation toga with Opera House as background. We spent the time in Sydney Harbour until night, and we got exceptional view. Sydney's sky never fails to amaze me whether it is clear or cloudy!




On the way back home, my classmate sent me a message on Facebook messenger. She said she applied for credit reduction of MPAcc program and her application was accepted. It was a little bit unexpected since she took English literature as her bachelor degree. It made me anxious about my own degree. I was thinking to apply for credit reduction to spare some slots if I fail in some core units and I have to retake them again. In that way, I can manage to graduate on time. So basically I want to apply for credit reduction just because I am not confident with myself. But in the other side, I do really want to take the electives and I don't want to ask for reduction. I was so in confusion.

So yesterday, I try to apply for reduction to see if my undergraduate transcript is recognised by Usyd. Today, I got the response if they approved my request to reduce the credits. It was so quick than I expected since they say they gonna answer within 10 business days. I haven't confirm to accept or to cancel the offer of reduction. I am gonna wait until the last final exam results are released. If I did well in final exam, I will go to the next semester without any credit reduction, because I want to study the electives.