Monday, July 3, 2017

Shanghainese Restaurant

Sydney, 3 July 2017

Yesterday when I was on my way to south coast, a friend of mine texted me. She invited me for a lunch as gratitude for helping her during the semester. This was my second invitation from my classmates because I have helped them in studying. Now I see that Chinese people are so kind and loyal once they have trusted us.



So today we went to "Taste of Shanghai", a Shanghainese restaurant in Ashfield, a suburb where she lives. The food was really really good and they are all unique, in other words, it was something new for me. I felt bad since I ordered too many food more than we could eat, while she denied to share the bill with me. She gave me a hug when I went back home. I felt like I owe her kindness and I should give her something.



I never got such this flattering response when I was in Indonesia. I like to help friends in studying and I consider that as a normal thing in student life. I didn't expect that in here they really appreciate it so much. Now what I am really afraid is if I fail with my own subject. How can I help other if I myself still struggle with my own studies? I am afraid for being cocky and overconfident.