Monday, July 3, 2017

South Coast Line (Sea Cliff Bridge and Kiama)

Sydney, 3 July 2017

Yesterday I went out to get some fresh air since I didn't want to spend my winter holiday just laying on my bed. So I decided to go to south to visit Wollongong. I checked on the internet what to visit on Wollongong but there was nothing attracts me. But I saw that sea cliff bridge on the north of Wollongong and Kiama on the south of Wollongong look so promising. So on Sunday morning I went to Central Station. It is good to travel on Sunday since the fare of public transportation is only $2.5 once at the beginning for the entire day.

The first destination I visited is sea cliff bridge. It took about one hour from central to Coalcliff station, the nearest station to the location. The location turns out to be only few kilometers south of Figure Eight Pools at Royal National Park I have visited last year. From the coal station, I just walked down the road about 10 minutes or about 750 m. The view was just breathtaking. Here are some pictures I took:








Later on, instead of going back to the Coalcliff station, I decided to walk south to take the train at the following station, Scarborough station. On the map, the distance to the following station is similar to the distance to go back to Coalcliff station. So I guessed it was a good idea to see further view of this route by walking south more. Yes it was true the view was so gorgeous with blue ocean on the lefthand side and hills and trees on the righthand side.




However after I walked more than 20 minutes, I didn't see any sign of train station. When I checked on google maps, I actually walked too far. It was true that there was no sign of the station. I relied on my google maps to find the location of the station. The station was so quiet and there was nobody except me when I came there. But the view from the station was just peaceful and very beautiful.






From that Scarborough station, I continued my journey to Kiama. I swear the view from the train was so fabulous. I highly recommend this South Coast Line if you want to get beautiful scenery from the train. On the left window, you can see beautiful houses and beautiful beaches, while on the right window you can see hills, trees, and some ranches. It took another one hour to get to Kiama.

Kiama is another beauty on the south coast of New South Wales. The sand beach is white, the beaches are tranquil and a lot of parks with green grass. While Bondi beach and Manly beach has been filled with tourists from around the world, Kiama is the option for Australian families to spend their weekend. I saw a lot of Australian families, parents with their kids, or a group of people were playing or having small party on the park. It made the ambiance feels so homey and warm. 







One popular spot at Kiama is the little blowhole. It is basically a giant reef with a hollow underneath. When there is a big wave enters the reef, the water pressure pushes itself out from a small hole on the top of the reef and creates a sudden, up high jet stream of water. It is similar to "Seruling Samudera" in Klayar beach in Pacitan.





I came home at 6 pm and I got a very bad pain on my stomach. I only ate a single McDonald's breakfast muffin and I pushed myself to walk too far. I was afraid if I couldn't manage my health and I got too tired with my activities, my liver disease will relapse. Luckily, after a night of resting, I feel much better today.