Saturday, July 1, 2017

I Left My Water Bottle in Exam Room

Sydney, 29 June 2017

Finally, my semester 2 officially ends after I had my last exam yesterday. It was a tough semester that required me to work a lot every week. The subjects that I took in semester 2 required me to never skip the reading materials for the class activities we had in every single week. It was a lot of hard work. Fair enough, it made the final exams looked easier, at least I am confident that I can pass all the subjects except for Managerial Accounting.

Still I regret my Managerial Accounting exam. It was not that difficult, but I still screwed up with my time management. I'll be so disappointed with myself if I fail because of this. I feel like all my hard work for the entire semester is just useless because of this stupid final exam. So far, I have collected fairly good marks for all four my subjects in semester 2 (two distinctions and two credits). But those will be meaningless if I ruined my final exams. That's so unfair, thanks to exam hurdle system.

However there is a little thing during exam that makes me happy. I left my water bottle in exam room on Friday last week. I was so sad since the bottle is so unique. I bought it in Soekarno Hatta Airport during my first departure to Sydney last year. It costed almost two hundred thousand Rupiah. You can check the product in here.

I didn't expect that my bottle will come back to me, since the room is a hall (a big room) and used regularly for exam. There will be a lot of people come and go and probably the janitors or staffs have moved my bottle away. It would be difficult to track it. But, yesterday I had my last exam in that hall again, and I saw my water bottle was secured in front of the room! It was still there after five days I left it! I am so happy that I get my water bottle back!

Happiness sometimes comes when we lower our expectation. Probably, that's what I should do with my exams!