Friday, September 1, 2017

Dentures for My Mom

Sydney, 20 August 2017

I make a video call to my mom everyday. That's why I subscribe a home internet connection for my mom's house. I bought her a tablet and taught her how to use the social media. In that way, I wish she won't feel lonely living alone in her house, and also it keeps us connected all the time. But lately, I saw something has changed with her. She lost all her upper teeth. 

Our family couldn't afford regular dental check-up. It was a tertiary need for us. Now I am working and getting decent salary which is enough to take her to dentist, but it is too late that my mom's teeth have already gone. I felt so guilty. She couldn't enjoy good food in her old age.

I talked to her about this issue and she wanted to get permanent dental implant. Permanent dental implant is super expensive that I couldn't afford it now. She said not now, but later when I could afford it. However, I don't have a heart to see her toothless. So, I asked my sister to take her to a dentist to get, not permanent, but wire dentures. I told my mom that it is for temporary. When I could afford permanent ones, I will replace it for her.



Now I am happy that she could chew and eat hard and tough food such as apple and meat. I also thank to my sisters who take care of her when I live far away from her.