Saturday, September 2, 2017

Sydney, 2 September 2017

Today I had a dinner with my dorm-mates in an Indian restaurant. We celebrated Eid al Adha. The college gives us a budged for this event this year. So we decided to celebrate it by having dinner outside.

At first, I was in doubt whether want to go or not, since I don't really accept the idea of Eid al Adha myself. But then I thought it would be a great chance for me to make a memory with my friends. So I decided to come with them.

There are actually more Muslim residents in my college than what I thought. It is because apparently not all Muslim residents practice their religion very strictly. Some of them are very loose in practicing Islam, that I never thought that they are actually Muslims.

Tonight we went to "hhj" in Glebe. It would be my very first experience going to an Indian restaurant. My friends who came were originally from Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh. I was the only person who was not from that South Asia continent.