Monday, September 4, 2017

Polygamy

Sydney, 2 September 2017




When I read the comment section of the posting (link above), I feel so sick and want to vomit. Some people are firm with their Islamic idealism that polygamy is a sunna. To me, what they are saying is just a big bullshit and not more than a trash.

I have been in the situation of having father who did polygamy. He just did what his religion said as a sunna. He taught us the religion so strictly. Those childhood memories are preserved so well in my brain.

I saw how his idealism crumbled down by the hypocrisy. I witnessed how my family broke apart. I felt how hard it was to rebuild a life from the beginning. I found it was hard to establish a trust within myself. I grew unlike other kids because of polygamy.

Now when people are telling me about polygamy in their religious perspective, I would say I have had enough of it. While all they can do is theorising and talking bullshit, they are covering their eyes to the reality of polygamy. They should live in a reality, not a delusion.

Additional:

Now his daughters are grown up and getting married. You know what? We have been separated for more than 20 years, but we still need him to marry my sisters! I am so hurt! Life is so unfair. This religion is so unfair! It does open the wound I have been trying to deal with for the entire of my life.

Additional (2):

Now I have a question. Do you think polygamy is a fate or a personal decision? Islam says everyone's mate has been written in Lauh Mahfuz. Does it mean practice of polygamy by someone is also God's destiny, including the fate when it must end in sin and misery?