Friday, September 1, 2017

A Smelly Bangladeshi

Sydney, 1 September 2017

At about 2 am, I came back to my room from studying outside. There were some Bangladeshi friends talking with my roommate (who is also a Bangladeshi) in my room. Some of them were sitting on my bed. I don't mind about that. What I do really mind, one of them smelled really really bad. My room became smelling so bad that I literally wanted to vomit. I am not exaggerating.

That smelly person is also my dorm-mate. I know that she is smelly every time I met her. She smells like rotten spices. But I never commented on her odor. But today, it was too much for me too handle.

So, after they got out of my room, I opened the window and the door to let the fresh air came in pushing out that nasty odor. After half an hour and the smell was gone, I closed the window and the door and went to my bed. When I was about to sleep, I could smell it again. It was on my bed. It was on my bed sheet, on my quilt, on my pillows. Fuck.

I removed my bed sheet, my pillows cover and my quilt cover. I let the window open, although the weather outside is so cold since it is winter. Damn.




Now I remember someone ever said to me that Bangladeshi is smelly. I didn't quite agree with his statement at that time but now I know what he meant. I am not trying to generalise and I don't mean to be racist. Not all Bangladeshi is like her. But for sure, today was my unlucky day. I don't wanna this to happen to me ever again! Should I tell her straightforwardly about her body smell?