Friday, August 25, 2017

International Accounting Tutorial

Sydney, 21 August 2017

Today I had a tutorial class of International Accounting. The teacher asked me the questions for last week's class but I didn't bring my last week notes. Just because I can't answer his question, it already made me so disappointed for a while. I spent all night long to finish the tutorial questions last week, but he didn't discuss the question during last week's session. Who would expect he is gonna ask it now? I know I can answer those questions really well and I don't like to be judged. I was so disappointing myself.

Well, I am fully aware with this bad temperament. It is all fine now. I just need a little time to calm down. I just can't believe how easy I am to get disappointed. Perhaps it is the accumulation of my anger and loneliness. I have been concealing myself to fake the smile and accepting all the prejudices and dealing with hypocrisies. As a result, it is so hard for me to be judged, to be blamed, or to accept criticism.

Talking about the International Accounting tutorial, it was so surprising that everyone, except me, got the cheat sheet for tutorial questions up to the end of the semester. It makes me feel so useless to be hardworking to stay all the night reading all the material and attempting to answer all the questions. It becomes more useless since the teacher gave participation marks to the students who answer the questions. That's so unfair! I know that some students are spending extra money to join additional session from private institution and from there, they got additional sources and helps for their assignments and studies.

Chinese students (which are the majority) are typically quiet and shy to express their opinion in the class. They hardly ask questions or answer the questions in a class discussion. They prefer to come to the teacher after the class and ask the question personally. Probably, the participation mark is designed to encourage them to speak up in the class.

However, being active is not always good. There is an Indian guy who always keeps asking the questions which all his questions are actually clearly explained in the book. It is super annoying that all other students finally helped to answer his question. Sometimes, people are engaging the class discussion just to get the participation marks. But the most important is the content of the discussion. Probably it is also the main reason of why most of Chinese student don't want to get engaged in the class discussion. Maybe they are ashamed if they ask silly question and annoy their classmates.