Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Women's Equality

Sydney, 29 August 2017


This post on Instagram was stealing my attention. It was posted by someone on my friend list. She re-posted someone else's post. She agreed with the post and she added her personal comment to it.

What surprising to me is that it is re-posted by a woman. I just can't believe how she can degrade her own dignity and position herself below a man. Not only re-posted by a woman, she also get her master degree overseas in infidel's country. I am wondering how living experiences in overseas couldn't help her to open her mind to this issue. Is this true that religion makes someone blind and deaf?

To me, this post is confirming that Islam is patriarchal and oppressive to women. I feel so sorry to women born in Muslim family since they are destined to be fully owned by men. Women can never have equal position to men. They were born as second-class citizens. They are never regarded as human beings. Women must follow all what men say.

In my perspective, woman is independent and should never belong to any man. Woman is not a collection owned by a man. Woman has a right to be fully herself and is never meant to live under man's dictations. Even in a marriage, man and woman should have equal position and reciprocal respect. Woman should be independent and never be always dependent on a man, given that she has to support her own life when her husband leaves her. Street harassment is never a woman's fault. It is fucking nasty perverts' fault! Never ever in this world sexual harassment should be justified!