Friday, August 11, 2017

Storm Village Restaurant

Sydney, 25 July 2017

Today my friend and I had a dinner together in a Chinese restaurant called "Storm Village Restaurant", in the Broadway area of Sydney. We went there for celebrating our result in last semester exam. We passed all the subjects.

Her English name is Allison and her Chinese name is Yuyang. Unlike my other Chinese friends who always group with their compatriots, she does not really have a close Chinese friend in here. She has been my classmate since my first semester in the uni. We accidentally met again in the same class last semester. We become really good friends now.

I like to work with her in some of our class projects. She is smart, diligent, and reliable. What surprises me is that all her marks and final grades are always better than me, despite her bachelor degree is actually English literature. Meanwhile me who has done accounting in undergraduate still suffers with the uni's exams. So that's why I respect her.

Talking about the food, I would say this is the best Chinese restaurant I have ever visited so far in Sydney. Maybe, it is because the taste is pretty much similar to Indonesian culinary which is spicy and savoury. We ordered stir-fry mushroom, sweet sauce pork, and spicy fish soup. Those food reminds me to the taste of classic Indonesian food. The portion size is so generous that we couldn't finish them all.  All the food is so good that I would order them again next time.



From left to right: stir-fry mushroom, sweet sauce pork, and spicy fish soup.

However I am sad because this semester we will not be at the same class anymore. I choose all morning classes, while she prefers afternoon classes. She also got unit reductions and she takes it. So definitely, we are now in the different pathway to our program. I wish I can still have a chance to meet her again in some occasion. Good luck for us!