Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Sister's Birthday

Sydney, 30 August 2017

Today is my sister's birthday. I trust all my financial tasks in Indonesia such as paying all the bills to her. She is only one year older than me. She is also the only sister that has not been married yet. So being single will help her to manage my financial tasks better than if she is married.

I have four sisters (two elder ones and two younger ones) and no brother. The eldest one is twelve years older than me. We never lived together as when she was kid, she lived with our grand parents. She got married pretty early, just right after she graduated from junior high school. The family economic factor that forced her to marry in a very young age.

My second sister is eight years older than me. We lived together since I was born and she gets married when I was in sixth grade of elementary school. As the oldest kid in the house, she took care of us and done all the house chores while our mom worked for living. I could never thank her enough for helping my mom to raise us.

I was very close to my younger sisters as their age were only one year and two years apart from me. They were also my childhood's friends. We grew up together. However, they have totally different personalities to each other. My third sister was a rebel and very tomboy. People are always comparing me with her by saying if she is more masculine than me (and I hate that comment!).

My youngest sister was a beauty queen and popular girl in her school. She moved to our eldest sister's house for her junior high school. When she was in senior high school, she moved back to my mom's house, but I was studying in Jakarta for my college. I wish I could have more time with her. As her older brother, I am feeling guilty for not taking care her enough when she grew up.

Despite we sometimes fought and argued, but they are the people I love the most in this world, more than anything. We have been through all the things in life together and I could never forget a single moment we had together. I would do anything for them and I surely will be the first person  to protect them. But sometimes my possessiveness hurts myself when they hurt me, such as when they express their disgust to gay people. Their hypocrisy when they got drunk of love and when they got married, makes me feel worthless and unwanted. I feel so useless and rejected.