Monday, December 25, 2017

Homophobic Parents

Malang, 25 December 2017

I understand that homosexual is every parents' fear. They are never willing their kids to grow as homosexuals. Therefore, they are trying to protect their kids from the influence of homosexual life.

However, they forget that homosexual exists naturally in every species. Homosexual is not spreaded like contagious disease. No kid can predict whether they are gonna grow as homosexual or heterosexual.

Homophobic parents seem rational with their arguments. But what if their kids are actually homosexuals? Will they accept it? And homophobic environment indeed causes depression to homosexual kids like me.

My argument seems like I am trying to spread propaganda to accept homosexual. But what I said is all true since I am who grew and live with the homosexuality.

Did I know I was gonna grow as homosexual? Do you think that I intentionally chose myself to be a gay? Who teaches someone to be sexually attracted with opposite gender? Do you think I never tried to be "straight" as you wish? Do you think I had a good time going through this condition? And when the thing remains the same, does it make me a bad boy?

Dear parents, family, and friends, your homophobia does really depress us. We are lonely hiding it. We never tell it because we are afraid to be disappointed of your judgments. And we are even more getting depressed to accept discrimiation, judgement, disgrace, slander and countless hurting words we often hear around us.