Thursday, December 21, 2017

If I am Killed by a Disaster

Malang, 21 December 2017

And if I die because of flood, earthquake, volcano eruption, or even on a crash, I still believe it is not because I am a gay.

Everything happens because of a reason, in a logical way. Flood happens when people don't provide adequate drainage system, cut to many trees, cover the earth with too many buildings, or disrupt the weather pattern through global warming.

If I die because of earthquake, tsunami, or volcano, that's because people and I didn't prepare well on mitigating all the risk of living in highly active tectonic plate such as in Indonesia.

And if I die because of any crash, that is because other people or I are not careful enough, or didn't do the duty of care, or neglect the safety procedures or maybe we haven't invented the advanced safety equipment yet.

Will I die because god punishment? Maybe. But who can tell if it is true before they actually die. 

But what I wanna underline here is that, even when someone got a casualty, those "religious bigots" then act as a god by judging the deceased. They put their emphaty aside but judging the dead. They don't realise that they are actually the people who cut the trees, cover the land with buildings, change the climate pattern, ignore the safety procedures etc that eventually cause the disasters.