Thursday, December 28, 2017

LGBT in Usyd

Malang, 28 December 2017

I just visited my dentist for regular check up for my braces. She asked me about whether there is LGBT in my campus in Australia.

She (s): is there any LGBT in your campus?
Me (m): yes there is, actually a lot. Campus is also officially supporting LGBT. Australia has just recently passed the bill for marriage equality.
(s): so did you see a man is hugging another man in public?
(m): yes, I did. It is actually quite common.
(S): wow, how disgusting that is. Have u been teased by them?
(m): no, never. Sexual harassment is a serious crime in Australia.

Now, you can see the difference between Indonesian bigots and Australians.

Indonesian bigots are prejudicing homosexuals for the things they never do. Those bigosts criminalise homosexuals all is based on their own prejudices.

Meanwhile in Australia, despite people are fully support the freedom of sexual relationship, they highly respect personal rights. I have written about anti sexual harassment campaign in my blog here.

Some Indonesians are trying to jail homosexuals because they merely believe that homosexuals are bad. That's so judgmental dan discriminative. Rather, they forget that heterosexuals can be as bad as what they accuse to homosexuals too. They are so hypocritical.

While Australians never mind about someone's sexual orientations. Whether he is a homosexual or a heterosexual, he'll be jailed for his criminal offense, NOT for his sexual orientation. That's how the logic is supposed to be!