Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Greatest Regret Right Now (But It isn't After All)

Sydney, 14 June 2017

So I just woke up very late since I always go to bed very late too. It is a little bit a concern for me since I need to get up early for my exam next week. However, right now I want to tell you my bad dream (not necessarily a nightmare) I just had this morning.

So, some of my best friends in my college will graduate this semester. Subconsciously, this makes me feel sad since I have to stay here for another one year. Going to University of Sydney is never my dream in my life. Choosing MPAcc course is also not my 100% desired plan. Now I have to stuck in the uni that is never in my dream, and also to study boring subjects that I have learnt before in my undergraduate, but now with ridiculously difficult level to get mark.

Then I feel so regretful why I was in hurry to choose Usyd. If only had I been a little bit patient, I would have been in London now, studying my desired courses in my dream university, and graduating this year too. Now I feel like I am wasting my life for something I don't really like. I am thinking what a useless years I am just making now.

This lesson has taught me that there is no hurry in life. Life is not a race. I am supposed to enjoy it. I should not make my life as a competition with other people. I have been in this situation before when I went to STAN, a school and its subjects that I never ever had in my mind! I always try to positively think that there must be something I can learn from every moment in my life. Something that widens my perspective and hopefully makes me wiser in seeing the life.

I thought I have forgotten my regret to go here, but still, the regret sometimes haunts me back again and again.

Update: I told this story to him, and he said to me, "you said to me because you study at Sydney, you can come back home during summer break, and last summer you can meet me. Supposed that you studied at London now, I could never meet me". Yes I told him so, and how could I forgot the most precious blessing from this journey.