Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Vivid Sydney 2017

Sydney, 7 June 2017

Vivid Sydney has started since 26 May 2017 but I just had an opportunity to go there last Sunday. I had a lot of assignments due to finish before I could go to Vivid Sydney. So on last Sunday, my Indonesian friends and I met in Circular Quay to explore Vivid Sydney together. I also invited some my Chinese classmates to join.

Shortly when we arrived, there were a lot of people flocking the Circular Quay area. We hardly managed ourselves to keep together. So, we finally separated. I walked together with my classmates and left my Indonesian friends. We walked down from Circular Quay Opera House, Botanical Garden, Martin Place, and ended at Darling Harbour.



I didn't feel satisfied with Vivid Sydney for some reasons. Firstly, there were too many visitors so that restricts me to take pictures conveniently. Secondly, the shows were underwhelming. It was not as great as I expected. My most favourite show is "the magicians of the mist" in Darling Harbour. It is a fountain shows collaborated with light shows. It was spectacular. 

Another thing that makes me less enjoyed the walk is I was having a quiz at the following day, which I had not finished my revision yet. But I had promised them to have fun on that day, so I just followed where they go. Before we walked back home, we dropped by a Japanese restaurant (Kura at Dixon) near Darling Harbour for some drinks. They had wide range of good "sake"s. I have had plum sake last semester, but this time, it was my first time to try warm sake.



What I did that evening was actually an underestimation to my quiz. I didn't finished my revision but I was overconfident that I could answers all the questions, since I have studied every week for this subject. But the reality is I failed on the quiz. It makes my mood turned very bad on that day. So at the evening, I decided to visit Vivid Sydney again to forget my worry. But this time I went alone so I could have my own space and time to take pictures and enjoy the shows.

I walked from my college to Central station, and along the way, I took some long exposure photography. Here are some results that I got.






And here are some pictures that I took on Circular Quay on that day:










And here are some pictures that I took at Darling Harbour