Monday, June 19, 2017

Qibla Direction

Sydney, 19 June 2017

This Ramadan, I notice that my roommate is changing his qibla direction when he prays.



I don't mean to have my finger in his pie since I don't even pray at all. But this makes me so curious whether I have missed something about my own religion.

So, our windows' room are facing northwest. The qibla direction shall be on the west (facing left). He used to pray facing left, but lately, he changed his prayer's direction 90° to the right so now he is facing to the north.

I used to be at the back side of him when he prayed, but now, he prays facing directly into my desk, as if he worships me when I am studying.

I am thinking if probably there is a special exception to change qibla direction during Ramadan based on his belief, but I don't know. Does anyone know whether this practice is common?