Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Personalised Post Stamp

Sydney, 20 June 2017

On 11 June 2017, or exactly a month before his 25th birthday, I was thinking what kind of birthday surprise I am going to give to him. Suddenly, I had an idea to send him a birthday postcard from here. To make it more special, I ordered personalised post stamps from Australia Post website. This pesonalised post stamp allows people to put their own personal photograph on a valid post stamp. It is not a difficult task for me to find his pictures on internet, just to give him a little surprise. The stamps costs $55 for 20 stamps worth 2.10$ each, a quite a much amount of money if I just need only one stamp.

The purchase was successful and I got the invoice sent to my email. The site says if I can track my order, but when I check into my order history, I couldn't find my ordered item. I just waited for the stamps to come up to today since it says the delivery will come around 14 to 20 June 2017. I checked my college mail box everyday, but the letter has not come yet. I have submitted an inquiry related to this issue but I haven't gotten any answer yet.

So today I make a phone call to customer service officer to ask my order. It takes 23 minutes for them to find where it goes wrong but they just couldn't find my order. They say sorry and gave me a phone number of division who does the personalised post stamp, so if within 10 business days I don't receive my parcel, I could ask to that phone number.

It was a little bit disappointment for me since it will delay my postcard to come to him on his birthday. Now I am in a crossroad whether to wait for the prsonalised post stamp to come or just to send it by a regular post stamp.