Monday, April 24, 2017

A Plastic Fork Thief

Sydney, 23 April 2017

Last night, I washed my eating utensils and I left them in kitchen to let them dry. But then I forgot  to take them until the next morning I found someone has stolen my plastic fork and knife. This was not the first time in our floor that someone took someone's else things without permission. So I left a note in the kitchen for that guy to return my cutlery.



Tonight, when went to the kitchen to fill up my bottle with tap water, I found someone has put a pack of plastic fork and a pack of plastic knife under my note. I felt so insulted. I felt like he (she) does not respect me at all. I felt like he values my dignity as cheap as a pack of cutlery. 



He thinks he can buy anything in this world with his money. Do you think that I am gonna sell my cutlery with his price? of course not. Well the matter is not about how expensive the thing is, but about the attitude. He thinks he can do anything he wants, taking others' goods without permission, disrespect them, and compensate them with a pack of fork? Am I that cheap? Or probably it is his attitude that is only worth a plastic fork.

I was instantly insulted. If only I knew the person, I would probably say "how much is your price? I'll buy you. Then I'll stab your asshole with your plastic forks and knives so you'll know what it feels to be degraded.". My mood plunged to total mad and It completely ruined my study. I was studying for my mid exam tomorrow, but because of this, I cannot concentrate anymore. All my anger controlled me.

The good thing is, I didn't keep my anger by myself. I released the anger by sharing the story to some friends. I tried so hard to get my focus back to my study. While I was studying, I kept contemplating what went so wrong. I finished my study and my anger has calmed down. I felt like I am too worthy to fight a 5 cent fork with a 5-cent-worthy person. I just wanted to close this case, so I wrote this note for him.



I wish I wrote "Dear borrower, you may have my plastic fork and knife" just to gently satirise him instead of attacking him directly. I wish that person came to me and said his apology, since I know the person must be my friend. I would have forgiven him and let him to use my fork if he told me.