Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Disruptive Thoughts

Sydney 5 April 2017

I remember when I was being interviewed for my scholarship, one of the interviewer, presumably she is a psychologist, told me if I have lots of ideas in my brain. She worried if I couldn't manage to concentrate with my study if I could get the scholarship. She noticed that during the interview, I spoke really-really fast till they hardly caught my sentences. Well, I admit that it is sometimes really hard for me to stay focus on something.

Just like when I am studying, then I find an interesting word in my book, then I google it, then it creates a chain of random research till I end up in a totally different topic with what I am actually studying. Or when I want to watch a certain video on YouTube, but I end up in totally different kind of video. Or when I want to do something, but my brain suddenly thinks about something else, then some other else, and some other else, until I forget what actually I initially want to do.

I feel like thoughts come and leave endlessly in my brain. To me, some are brilliant ideas that I should have realised them, just like random thought about the answer for my essays. But quite often, an idea just end up as an idea, since shortly, I have another thought comes in my brain, and I am too lazy to move my body to make it into reality. It's not always a wonderful thought, tho. Quite often also, I am triggered to recall some bad experiences of my life. Sweet nice thought as well as bitter bad memories both make me look crazy, since I can smile or swear abruptly.

But trust me, I sometimes can be drowned for hours into an activity that I am really really passionate about.