Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Is It wrong to be a Gay?

Sydney, 25  April 2017

Last night, my crush asked me whether being gay is wrong. Then I answered him "I used to be a denial, but now I believe there nothing wrong to be a gay. It is wrong when you are an ignorant person whether you are straight or gay, whether you are theist or atheist. And to me Islam is such an ignorant religion."

I used to believe in Islam. I worshipped and gave up myself to my god be a good Muslim. I pushed myself so hard to be a man based on their definition. I worried about marriage as the time I get older since I couldn't find any sexual attraction to women. While Muslims are judging and labelling others based on their belief and sexual orientation. They become perfect hypocrites. I just don't feel right with their values. There must be something wrong with it. There are thousands of religion out there, and if god does exist, there must be a real one exists, but I just don't know which.

I know probably I'll change my mind in the future, since what I believe now might be wrong as the time reveals the answer. But at least, I use my logic right now to believe what I think it is right. I set free my thought to find the answer. When I was a Muslim, I used to ask so many things, but as they couldn't answer my questions, they always said "Muslims don't ask too far, god's secret is beyond human's knowledge". This is such an ignorant doctrine. Then, how can you know about the truth if you don't find the answer? Muslims believe their god because they are told to do so. No further question to ask. To make it even harder to escape, being apostasy is a family's disgrace and he/she deserves death punishment. I think this is the main reason why Islam lives in the past, not in the future.

I don't want to be stuck to live in 6th century. I just want to live in reality, not in a story book. Don't they see the reality that atheist, secular countries are wealthy, healthy, well educated, developed countries, while Islamic, religious countries are left behind in most everything unless they depend on their natural resources for glamorous lifestyle, and easily provoked into civil war? What are they denying?

People are becoming religious since they are afraid of what beyond after death. They are afraid of something they don't know. But instead of being a good and useful person while they are living, they are so obsessed with heaven and hell story. Then they start to judge others as the occupants of heaven, or occupant of hell. Religion makes them to live in the dark ages and traps them to live in fear of unknown, forever and ever.

To me, it is fine to be wrong this time, as I know it is a process for us to find the answer of the secret of life. At least, we use our logic to find the answer, and not being such an ignorant, racist Muslim. I don't care if god exists or not, or if life after death exists or not, to me the most important thing is how you live in this world as a good person and be useful and give your contribution to the world.