Saturday, April 1, 2017

I broke my phone (actually it is a tablet) screen (again)

Sydney, 13 March 2017

Yes, that is what I did. It was just a day after I took the picture of Wentworth park with yesterday, and now it is broken. I didn't know how fragile the screen was until I dropped it. I was in my university library for studying, and when I went to the toilet (and of course I brought my tablet with me). I put it on the toilet paper box which is unfortunately I didn't realise if it is sloping, and there it is, it fell and hit the floor on its corner. the screen shattered instantly. Fortunately, the screen was still functioning.

Maybe, because it is a tablet which is significantly heavier than smaller phones, and its screen is not protected by special anti-shatter glass or whatsoever, it is easy to break. My previous phone, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, has fallen for countless time and the screen still survive until I deliberately smashed it to the wall (yet the outer screen is still intact and smooth as new, but the inner LCD is shattered and no longer functioning). I am so sad if I remember how easily I was to get mad until I lost my sanity. The saddest part is now that I bought that phone when I didn't have enough money and my mom lent me some of her money to me.

Nevertheless, I have been planning to buy a new phone since all my old devices are getting really-really slower and they freeze quite often. I have decided to buy the Samsung Galaxy S8 for its super beautiful and futuristic design and (I believe) its high quality camera. So let's see what happen in the next to month if I can actually get that phone or not. In the mean time, I install an android emulator in my laptop as a back up if my tablet is eventually dead. 

And if you are also looking for an android emulator, I recommend MEmu for its smoothness, lightness, and productivity (I have tried Andyroid which I got installation problem on my second trial tho it was not bad in my first trial, and I have tried the popular Bluestacks  which I found it is super heavy and battery-draining plus full of annoying advertisements).