Wednesday, April 12, 2017

What Does Google Think of Me?

Sydney, 12 April 2017

So in the middle of the class, my teacher said if we can actually see all what Google has collected about our preferences in order to offer unique ads based on our preferences. He then said, Google can also predict our gender and age based on the preferences.

I always turn on my laptop during lecture, and promptly search anything on internet of what my teachers said during the class. So without further ado, I typed "what does google think of me" on the search bar. And Google gave this address: www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads

Taadaa,,, I saw lots of preferences about me. It proves how random my thought is. So here are those preferences of mine:

  • Audio Equipment
  • Beauty & Fitness
  • Blues
  • Boating
  • Boats & Watercraft
  • Bollywood & South Asian Film
  • Books & Literature
  • Business & Industrial
  • Business News
  • Career Resources & Planning
  • Cats
  • Celebrities & Entertainment News
  • Classical Music
  • Computer Drives & Storage
  • Computers & Electronics
  • Cooking & Recipes
  • Country Music
  • Coupons & Discount Offers
  • Custom & Performance Vehicles
  • Dance & Electronic Music
  • Dogs
  • Education
  • Fashion & Style
  • Fast Food
  • Finance
  • Folk & Traditional Music
  • Food & Drink
  • Games
  • Home & Garden
  • Jazz
  • Mobile & Wireless
  • Mobile Phones
  • Motorcycles
  • Movies
  • Outdoors
  • Performing Arts
  • Pets & Animals
  • Phone Service Providers
  • Politics
  • Pop Music
  • Product Reviews & Price Comparisons
  • Restaurants
  • Rock Music
  • Science
  • Shopping
  • Skiing & Snowboarding
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trucks, Vans and Lorries
  • TV & Video
  • TV Documentary & Non-fiction
  • Video Software
  • Water Sports
  • Water Sports Equipment
  • Winter Sports Equipment
  • World Music
  • World News

Google also accurately guesses my gender and age based on my preferences. Good job, Google!