Thursday, April 6, 2017

Cavity

Sydney, 5 April 2017

I was thinking about my mom before I called her today. I feel so sad that she almost loses all her teeth due to cavities; a normal feature in adults. I know visiting dentist regularly was not our family's routine. Probably, poor economy was the reason why. I only depended to my school facilities to get access to dentist. I remember my parents used thread or fingers to pull out my deciduous teeth. I used to with that. 

My first dentist visit when I am adult was in my university clinic. That was the first time I got a cavity on my permanent teeth. After it was filled, its wall (enamel) was crumbled. The dentist said, it is because I was too late to treat the cavity from earlier. And also, she said, I might be lacking of calcium during the development of teeth during embryonic stage or during childhood.

Come back to my mom story, shortly, I called my mom via Facebook messenger. On the call, she asked me to show her my teeth brace. Then I asked her back to show her teeth, revealing her only one tooth remaining in top front row. Despite we laughed after that, I felt so sad to know that happens to my mom. She now cannot enjoy hard texture food. She had done everything to elevate our wealth, but once we have it, she cannot enjoy it.

She then said on the call, she asked me to get dental implants for her if I am already a CEO (i.e. when I have a sound financial ability). But it is gonna be a long long time for me to get into CEO position; like in about 15 to 20 years later. I wish both of us are blessed with a long life. 

I tried to find on the google the cost of dental implant, and it says it is around 2.5 million to 15 million rupiah per tooth, which is extremely expensive. I was thinking to change my plan from taking my mom to Australia to visit me into to present her a set of dental implants. Tho, I am still not sure if I am actually gonna be able to realise either one of them.