Friday, April 28, 2017

AKG earphones

Sydney, 27 April 2017


Another good thing that comes within the Samsung Galaxy S8 package is the AKG earphones. I used to use my old Samsung earphone and it was okay. I didn't expect a quality too much from phone bundled earphone. I also watched some the S8 reviews on YouTube and mostly they said the AKG earphone is good but not excellent.

However, after I tried by myself, I can tell that the AKG earphone blows my ears away. When I used my old Samsung earphone, I had to push the buds deep inside into my ears to get a clear bass sound. But when I tried the AKG, even without the help of equaliser bars, the bass register just pleases you to the sky. It is just so clear and very pops out.


What really interesting is it has a hump that snugs and fits very perfectly in my earlobe. These humps actually stop the buds to enter into ear canal deeper, but it is still able to deliver an excellent sound quality. If I notice the hump, the is a small hole in it. I guess the hump is actually a sub-woofer that produces low register sound and delivers the sound vibration through the ear canal's surface. Probably.

Another thing I like from this earphone is its cable is encapsulated by braided fabric, but only a half way from the jack up to the split point. The braided cable ensures its durability and tangle-free. I wish they also used the braided cable for the left and right cables, not only the main cable.

Overall, this is an excellent and worthy earphone to have in a phone-bundle. The price of AKG earphone itself is quite expensive, some people on YouTube say the price is around USD 100 to USD 250. So to me, this time Samsung is quite generous although the price of Samsung Galaxy S8 itself is already soaringly high.