Thursday, May 25, 2017

Charging my Galaxy S8's Battery

Sydney, 26 May 2017

I am pretty sure now I am positively suffering from OCD. It has been a month since I got my Galaxy S8. And every single time I charge the battery, I will do at least five times of system refreshment (run the device maintenance, turn it off and on again) after the battery is 100% fully charged (and keep the phone connected to the charger when I am doing the system refreshment). I just want to make sure if my phone is in its perfectly cleanest system before it is ready to use again. Even, when I mistype a single digit of my PIN to unlock the phone during this process, it makes me worried that it causes imperfection to my phone's system. Thus, I will repeat the process again (and again) from the beginning. This can takes hours.



But doing this process while the phone is being connected to the charger makes me worried if I am actually abusing my phone's battery. I am afraid that it actually overcharges the battery and causes bad impacts to the phone's machine. But if I disconnect the charger when I am doing system cleaning, the battery will not keep on its optimum level, thus the purpose of charging the battery is violated.