Friday, May 19, 2017

Windows 10 Creators Update

Sydney, 19 May 2017

Last night, I got an update for my Windows 10. It is Windows 10 Creators update, with update version number 1703. The update took approximately 20 minutes with several restarts during the update.

The first thing I noticed after the update is I couldn't connect my Cortana to internet. Later, I found that my google drive app didn't sync with the cloud storage. Lastly, I couldn't connect to several websites, including Yahoo! mail, Facebook, and even Microsoft.com.

I thought the problem was the WiFi. However, some websites such as Google search engine and YouTube were not affected by the update. I can stream YouTube videos in HD quality seamlessly.

Because I need my Yahoo mail, Facebook, and Google Drive to work back, so I just rolled back the update. And amazingly, the problems I just had suddenly disappear. It is so strange why Microsoft deploys an update that eventually brings a problem.