Friday, May 5, 2017

Sorry for Discrediting Muslims

Sydney, 6 May 2017

A special friend of mine whom I always tell all my story to said to me if I shouldn't generalise if all Muslim and Islam are bad. I would say I am so sorry for always discrediting Islam, which actually is still my official religion in my Indonesian ID card. It is all because of the accumulation and the manifestation of the scolding I received and I kept by myself deep in my heart from those people. Probably nobody will expect if I actually keep the grudge inside me. I become a multiple personality person. I am a nice friendly guy, but a small trigger can change me into totally different personality.

I have a lot of good Muslim friends that very nice to me, but I also have a lot of bigot Muslim friends that makes me so sad and disappointed. Quite often they make hateful statement that without they realise it hurts me. They don't know it since I don't show up.

Quite often I hear statements "So he converts to Christian, I thought he was a good guy", or "I feel so sorry for him. He is too good looking to be gay. The world almost comes to an end". It sounds that having a different faith or being a gay can instantly make you a bad person, or even worse, bring a curse to your environment. This is the generalisation that I accept for the entire of my life. To them, you are never good enough until you are a straight Muslim. 

Now, I realise that my Muslim friends might be very angry to me since I discredit them so much in my blog. I probably deserve a death punishment for doing this. But, doesn't it sound like if they don't want to accept the fact and then blame others? Doesn't it sound like a hypocrisy?

Muslims say if other religions are trying to destroy Islam by framing and discrediting them so badly. I know if they don't like to be treated like that and it is normal for them to be angry. But hey, who plays victim here? Who starts? Whose religion that promotes hatred towards other religions and homosexuals? Which religion that easily shouts "kill!, burn!, slaughter!" in the name of god? Who likes to blame others for their own mistake?

While other people have moved forward to other galaxies, we are still stuck in the desert of the sixth century.

P.S.
I know that not all Muslims is narrow minded. I do ask an apology to all moderate Muslims and to all my good Muslim friends who feel offended with all my words and statements in this blog. I don't know much about Islam as they do and I shouldn't blame all Muslims for the hate speech I received. Up to now, I fully respect their belief and I don't have any intention to degrade their belief.