Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tasikmalaya Chicken Porridge

Sydney, 9 May 2017

I have been in dieting for 3 weeks already. I only eat my lunch and very rarely have my dinner. Sometimes, I just have some fruits for my dinner, but sometimes I am too lazy to go downstairs to have one. I am doing this because he said he will be happy if I am in a proportional weight. I am feeling that my diet works quite well since most of my clothes now are a little bit bigger for me. 

But this makes me fond about food every night. I miss all Indonesian foods since foods in here are plain and tasteless. Just like now, I suddenly miss Indonesian traditional chicken porridge. I remember the best chicken porridge I have ever had in my life is when I was visiting my grandparents' house in Tasikmalaya, long long time ago when I was in second grade of primary school (and it was eventually my last time visiting there). I know that Tasikmalaya's porridge is very famous, but I think it was so delicious for me at that time because I wasn't lucky enough to always have good foods during my childhood.

source: google image seach

However, it later opens my childhood memory. I can remember every detail of my childhood memory very vividly when I was there. I even still remember the complete address of the house. So from there, I search the house through google street view. The road was cement pathway with a water drainage in the middle filled with gavels, I remember some neighbours' house facades and my grandparents' front yard. I remember the surroundings and where the road goes to.With my detective skills, I am sure I have found the house I am looking for.



Then I remember when my father brought me to that house. As a kid, I thought I was so loved at that time. Then, I remember all the stories that my mom told me when we lived in that house. She told me that my grandma told her to send us to orphanage instead. I remember the story that my sister told me when she was left in that house for couple months to finish her education. She told me she was treated discriminately to other grandchildren. Those are heartbreaking stories that I could never imagine in my own life. I understand the pain they have now. My mom said to me, she wants to visit this house again with dignity. She wants to show them all the mockery and rejections she got have made her success now. But for me, she does not need to go there. She has shown them already.