Friday, May 26, 2017

Hymer Van 314

Sydney, 26 May 2017

I have been thinking of the idea of motorhomes since I was a kid. I remember, when I was 4 years old, we had a magazine with a picture of a house on wheels. When I started to like drawing house plans, I sometimes drew a tree house plan, a cave house plan, or a camper van plan. The idea is to live remotely and unify with nature.

After having research for some times, I finally found the nearly perfect camper van, that is Hymer Van 314. You can check the video out:



Well, this is actually not the most ideal camper van that I really want. Here are some pros (+) and cons (-) merely based on my preference:

(+) compact and small, easy to maneuver on small roads.
(+) complete facilities, such as fridge, toilet and shower, sunroof and solar panel (additional)
(+) the positioning of furnitures are perfect.
(+) fit for two people (and perhaps with a dog)
(-) not a uni-body, ugly look.
(-) Garage is too big and probably less useful (it is better to minimise the size of the van, or use the garage for other purposes such as more water tank and gas supply)

Nonetheless, I think this model is the best among others. I dream to live in US or Europe and travel around the continent with someone that I love, driving and living in this van. What a life.

Update:
So I just found that Hymer had previously released the predecessors of 314, which are 312 and 322. I found that those predecessors have integrated body so it conceals the look of motorhome. They just look like ordinary vans, which is very nice and sleek. Just take a look: