Saturday, May 27, 2017

Volleyball

Sydney, 27 May 2017

I have skipped playing volleyball for a month since I had some other things else to do. Today I didn't have any group meeting or appointment with friends so I could go and play volleyball with my college friends again.



There were not many people came as usual, but because of that, we all could play optimally without waiting for the turn to play. But there was something that always annoys me every time I play any sports  with my college fellows. Some of them are too dominant and become selfish.

Just like we had today during volleyball, the two of them were so overacting as if they could cover all the positions by themselves. I know that I am not as good as them, but it does not mean that I need to be covered by them. I need to practice and learn. And also, it was just a game, not a competition.

They took my position as if I wasn't there. I was so pissed off. As a result, they couldn't do everything by themselves. It is a teamwork, they should trust other members. I am not as good as them, but at least I can play properly and contribute to my team. But what they did actually ruined our team.

It happened not only in our volleyball. When I played badminton, they also did the same thing. They don't like to play with someone who has lower skill than them. Then, how can I improve my skill?

I love playing volleyball and badminton, but it does not mean I am really good at those sports. I can play good but not good enough to be really that good. However, when I play with friends who just start learning those sports, I will be someone who fosters their skill instead of showing off my own skill.