Sunday, May 28, 2017

What I Really Hear From People Around Me

Sydney, 28 May 2017

I often hear people say "he is being nice and kind just to cover up his homosexuality". This statement implies as if homosexuality is a crime that needs to be covered up by good attitudes. I am treating other people good because we are all human being, because what it is supposed to be in social life, and because it is the value that I bear and I believe since I was kid, the value that my parents and people always keep telling me. It does not have anything to do with someone's sexual interaction. It does not mean that homosexual must be a bad guy and heterosexual must be a good guy.

I have been always trying to be a good, nice, and kind person to the people around me. I do. But, without they realise, they have hurt me by mocking and judging homosexuals. I hear these hate comments almost every day in my life being said by my closest friends and family. They just don't know if their best friend (which is me), who has been a good friends for them, is the one that they always judge and mock. From there, I start to pile up my disappointment inside my heart.

Some even cruelly say "he got married just to cover up his homosexuality". They never know how difficult it is to be a gay in the middle of the society that does not accept homosexuality. We have been trying so hard to fit in the society, to follow the rule they have set. Nonetheless, gay is still gay, no matter how hard you try to fit in the society, or no matter how good you are to become a person. Those straight religious over-moralled people use their moral standard to self-position themselves as the best people, but they have forgotten they have used their moral standard to degrade other people.