Saturday, May 20, 2017

Indomie Mie Goreng Burger

Sydney, 20 May 2017

I heard a news from BuzzFeed Australia's Facebook account that there is a restaurant in Sydney named "Guilty" serves an Indomie mie goreng burger. This news even spreads out to Indonesia, that my crush sent me a screenshot of this info to me.

So, this weekend, I decided to walk down to Guilty to give it a try during my lunch. The place is not that far from my college. It is only about 5 km away. The late autumn sunshine was gentle and the breeze was cold. The trees were colourful and the pavements were covered by falling leaves. Autumn is definitely my favourite season ever!

The restaurant was unexpectedly small and it was not many people came at the time I went there. I could see that people were going there to order the raising star Indomie mie goreng burger (or they actually call it sandwich instead of burger). It took around 15-20 minutes for my order to come, a quite long time. Probably because they needed more time to prepare this special menu.

It is a little bit pricey, $12 for a small burger. The mie goreng was also a little (I thought it would be a whole pack of noodle but it was apparently not). The taste was good and quite unique. The texture was cruncy from the fried mie goreng, blended with sourness from carrot and cucumber pickles. The sauce was also very good.