Saturday, May 20, 2017

@luqmanabubakar

Sydney, 20 May 2017

Lately, my friends often shared some funny videos on Facebook. The videos are Disney's Princesses Cartoon Movies dubbed in Malay-English. What makes them even funnier for me is that the scripts are totally altered into a Malaysian Muslim background. And the result is super hilarious. 

Then I traced the owner of the videos and his name is Luqman Abu Bakar. He posted his videos on his Instagram @luqmanabubakar . From there, I visited his IG account and I found more funny videos and his personality.

I will not be able to tell if he can be so funny if I only see his appearance. He is kind of cool guy and good looking. However, he is super hilarious and funny, and very confident in making funny videos and jokes. I cannot tell his background, sexual orientation, nor his religion. But from his videos, he likes to pretend as a hilarious girl, a sexy drag queen, or a sissy boy. He also loves to create a story based on Muslim family and how to make it fun. You'd better to check them out by yourself.

My point is, if he is at the same state with me, he has done very wise things in life. I really like how he brings the issues of gender and religion into a funny and entertaining way. He enjoys every problem he may have in his life. He seems not to care about what people may say about him, which at the end, makes him loved by many people. 

I do really want to have a such personality like him: easy going, cheerful, and indifferent. Meanwhile, I am here only drowned into my own sorrow, vengeful, and hateful. I am so selfish by caring at my own interest only, and worried about the validations given by other people towards me.